Friday, June 1, 2012

A Creative Summer

Well, the first week of my daughter's summer vacation has drawn to a close.  It began with a very busy weekend full of dance recital rehearsal, actual recital, family and friends visiting, the beach/pool time, and lots of eating.  Since Memorial Day, we have just hung out and enjoyed a relaxed pace.  No specific time to wake up, no where to go, and no obligations.  I have to admit it was perfect.  But now I am looking ahead for ideas to keep myself creatively busy.

I have begun a list of all the things I hope to accomplish.  I have so many creative interests that it is difficult to quiet my mind and focus on one project at a time.  I do enjoy a good list and love crossing things off my list even more.  One of the first things I would like to accomplish this summer is to take Melissa from ISLY's "I Still Love Calligraphy" 30 day e-course.

photo: ISLY


 I absolutely love how beautiful calligraphy looks.  When I was in middle school, I checked out a calligraphy book from the library and taught myself the basics.  I hope to learn so much more from this class and perhaps be able to offer calligraphy services from home as a part-time job.  If you have a love of Calligraphy, you should definitely check out Melissa's class.

3 comments:

  1. I think I know how you feel. Too many new crafts to try and to top it off, I am pretty disorganised with setting aside time to do things. The sofa calls too often in the evening! I hope you enjoy your course. It looks fun.

    Rosie
    http://craftbotics.blogspot.com
    (A new follower.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i love calligraphy! thanks for sharing this :)

    please stop on by:
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete