This past weekend, we made a quick trip over to the West coast to visit Sanibel Island. We were celebrating my husband's birthday as well as kicking off our summer travel. After almost a week of heavy rains:
1) We were grateful the rain stopped for our arrival to Sanibel on Saturday afternoon.
2) We had dinner plans with college friends who live in the area. We also hung out on the beach after dinner to watch the beautiful sunset while our children played.
3) Champagne on the beach Sunday morning:
4) Tons of shells! My daughter and I brought plenty home to use for future craft projects.
We stayed at the Island Inn
5) The storms waited to roll in until we were crossing the causeway to head back to the mainland:
I'm also linking up with Project Alicia's Summer Daze series.