Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Things/Five For Friday: Sanibel Island




Hello Hue Little Things


Photobucket

This past weekend, we made a quick trip over to the West coast to visit Sanibel Island.  We were celebrating my husband's birthday as well as kicking off our summer travel.  After almost a week of heavy rains:

1)  We were grateful the rain stopped for our arrival to Sanibel on Saturday afternoon.


2)  We had dinner plans with college friends who live in the area.  We also hung out on the beach after dinner to watch the beautiful sunset while our children played.






3)  Champagne on the beach Sunday morning:


4)  Tons of shells!  My daughter and I brought plenty home to use for future craft projects.




We stayed at the Island Inn

Sanibel Lighthouse


5)  The storms waited to roll in until we were crossing the causeway to head back to the mainland:


Make sure to link up your "little things" with Lindsay and your "five for Friday" with Lauren.

I'm also linking up with Project Alicia's Summer Daze series.

7 comments:

  1. I love the beach! It is absolutely my happy place and where its easiest for me to listen to/talk with God. Naturally we live 100 miles from the nearest beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although we traveled 4.5 hours from home to visit Sanibel, we are fortunate to live about 20 minutes from the beach. Hope to spend lots of time there this upcoming weekend if the weather is nice.

      Delete
  2. Champagne on the beach...you're my type of girl! Great pics! The ocean puts me on cloud nine...so relaxing and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures just made me want to pack up and go to the beach. I probably won't get to go until next year!

    Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! I just stumbled on your cute blog and I have to say I’m your newest adoring follower! Also I’d just love for you to come check out a giveaway I’m having that ends tomorrow!! Hope to see you there!

    Thanks so much!
    Xo, Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/06/sponsord-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely beach photos! Thanks for sharing by linking up with Summer Daze!

    ReplyDelete