Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Decorating My Family Room with Ocean Styles

I have all the basic components of my family room: two leather couches, coffee and end tables, artwork, and a pineapple lamp and tropical fan.  What it really needs is an accessory boost.  I would love to add some new throw pillows, curtains over my sliding doors to the pool patio, a stencil to the nook behind my TV, and a new rug.  This rug needs to be near indestructible and being able to hose it off would be a bonus.  I do have a five year old, two dogs, and a cat after all.  So I am turning to Ocean Styles  to help me get this room finished off.  Oh, and tomorrow is the ten year anniversary that we closed on our house!  This will make a great home anniversary gift just in time for summer.

I really like this Cancun area rug:

5 x 7 $319


$54.99


$29.74

I adore these glass floating string lights with the raffia twine.  They would be perfect on the patio and would be seen from our family room, dining nook and kitchen.


$22.95

I originally had an entirely different look planned out for this room that would have had me moving artwork around and then having to purchase all new artwork just to change the color scheme.  I have decided to keep it simple and stick with what we already have and just update it.  I will probably just chose simple, breezy white curtains for the sliders that will pop next to the wall color. 





 Please check out Ocean Styles for all of your beachy/tropical decor needs.  






1 comment: