Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A New Entry

We've lived in our house for a little over 9 years.  It was a brand new house without a lot of character.  At the time, that didn't matter...it was A house!  Our first house.  We've painted, landscaped, and slowly acquired furniture.  I feel there is still a lot of work to be done.  First up, I am planning to redecorate our front entry/foyer.  No better place to start right?

We have a glass front door with a side light that looks directly onto a wall.  I have a console table there with a mirror from The Bombay Co (remember them?)  The decor on the table is nondescript.  There is a embroidered picture of an orchid we brought back from a trip to Vietnam on the adjoining wall.  My vision for the area is to replace the recessed light with a pendant light, change out the accessories, maybe purchase a new mirror or make some artwork to go over the console table, a new rug, and stencil the walls.  I love the look of bold, graphic wallpaper but I don't want to deal with installing it.  I love to paint so the conclusion is to stencil a design to resemble wallpaper.  I looked around online and liked the Iron Lattice Wall stencil from Stencil Ease.  My mind was set and I ordered the stencil.  Later I was browsing Pinterest and came across a tutorial for a design I love.


Emily from Jones Design Company created this stencil for her lovely home office.  I adore it and I will be using a similar color scheme.  I will be following Emily's tutorial and using her template.  I hope to be back soon with before and after pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment