Sunday, January 8, 2012

52 Week Photography Project

Happy New Year!

I am definitely new to creative photography.  I bought my first DSLR in Sept and have been enjoying it so much.  There is so much to learn.  It is time to get my camera out of automatic mode.  In order to do that, I am going to need a lot of practice and inspiration.  I have been a big fan of Annie from Paint the Moon Photography. She is simply the sweetest, with two beautiful girls.  Annie is so helpful answering questions, giving hints, and offering free Photoshop actions and templates.  She also sells many fabulous action sets on her blog.  They definitely help to give your photos that extra oomph.  Annie is hosting a 52 Week Photo Challenge.  There is a new theme each week to keep us practicing and learning new techniques.  All you need to do is either add your photos to the Flickr group or to Annie's Paint the Moon Facebook page.  Please join us in this fun project and inspire me!

Here is my first submission:


1/52 Theme: Natural

This photo of my sister-in-law reading my nephew's favorite book to him was taken by the "natural" light of the Christmas tree last weekend.  I neglected to get my camera out this past week so here's to hoping this challenge motivates me to practice more often.  

1 comment: