Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ready For Fall!!!

Tomorrow is the first official day of the Fall season.  This is my favorite time of the year.  Having grown up in south Florida, I only experienced fall once at Thanksgiving time when I was about 10 years old.  After college, my now husband had accepted a job in Michigan.  I took a leap of faith of moved with him...right smack in the middle of winter and a snowstorm.  But the move was well rewarded once the following fall rolled around.  I got to experience late afternoon walks on leaf strewn sidewalks, a visit to a cider mill for fresh hot cider and doughnuts, and my first hay ride.  It is truly my favorite season.  Although I am back in FL, I am sensitive to the way the light begins to change in the afternoons and it makes me want to light up candles that remind me of fall.

It is going to be awhile until we will need sweaters here and we can wear our flip flops all year long.  But that won't stop me from daydreaming for chillier evenings and carving pumpkins.  In the meantime, I have been pinning fall decor and treats on Pinterest.  Here are some of the things I am looking forward to making and eating for this brand new season:

Every house needs a colorful wreath for the front door to welcome visitors:








Pretty decor for the front porch:




Fall Bucket List:



Delicious cake pops:



Baking pumpkin scones:






Pumpkin Spice Latte:



Candy apples:


NCAA College football:

Source: espn.go.com via Emme on Pinterest


Dressing in Orange and Blue for my favorite team:



What are your favorite Fall traditions? Are you planning craft fall decor for your home? What is your favorite way to decorate your house for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment