Thursday, June 13, 2013

Plan: Redecorate The Guest Bathroom

We bought our house eleven years ago this past May.  When we moved in, I had already bought all of the accessories for our new guest bath.  We went with a tropical, palm tree motif.  Three years later, we finally painted the walls a neutral beige color.  Since those days, we have added a child. I thought it was about time to change out the decor and make it more kid friendly.

We are fans of all things beachy, pink, and Pottery Barn Kids.  I was browsing in the store a couple of months ago and came across their Mermaid Shower Curtain:



I also purchased the matching hand and bath towels and bath rug:



I replaced two palm tree prints with this mermaid plaque I found on sale at PB Kids:



We have yet to pick out a new wall paint color.  I haven't decided whether to choose a very light pink or go with a white wall and paint the oak vanity a fun light aqua color.  I also found a big piece of faux coral from Kirland's that I would like to paint a different color.  Stay tuned for photos of what I DIY'd for this bathroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment